Role name: T-Shirts Coordinator
Role type: GOC Event Coordinator and Ongoing Role
Short Description of Role Purpose: The T-Shirt Coordinator has an ongoing role throughout the year. This role requires ability to manipulate digital images and communicate with T-shirt printer personnel regarding pricing options as well as designs. Orders must be managed via e-mail, including feedback to those ordering and reports to the webmaster.
• Acquire GOC theme from GOC Council or Planning Committee
• Create “Calling for Designs” email via GOC Master Mailing list on MailChimp
o Select and work with T-shirt printer (CustomInk used in past)
o Receive designs & provide feedback to submitters
o Convert designs as needed for T-shirt printing
o Send design images to webmaster for voting page
• Orders – receive and track
• Maintain T-shirts spreadsheet
• Mark orders paid in advance by how paid [Paypal, credit card, check, cash]
• Provide frequent updates to web [copies of spreadsheet]
• Final design image quality
• Pricing & delivery schedule
• Receive printed shirts & package orders
• Transport shirts to gathering
• Take a money pouch for cash/checks & adequate $1, $5 bills for change
• Note: AT GOC – Credit Card Payments can be taken if prior arrangements made. No IOUs.
• Coordinate with Welcome Table for T-shirt distribution
• Alert participants of T-shirt availability [include prior year’s inventory]
• Collect $ and distribute orders
• Turn over tracking/inventory summary & $$ to GOC Council before closing session
• Contact any who did not pick up their orders to arrange for shipping
• Draft notice for web re: inventory available for post-event orders
• Summary report [email] to Planning Committee [what worked well; what did not seem to work well; new ideas for future gatherings; problems with events/people and resolutions; recommendations]
• Hold remaining inventory for next year’s sale
Traditions Description about the role:
GOC Tradition or Ceremony:
· The annual sale of GOC t-shirts is one of the primary fundraising activities that supports the GOC event.
· Buying and wearing the yearly t-shirts is an easy way to advertise and start conversations about the GOC as community members go about their daily activities.